James is a young outgoing man who loves a laugh and joke with his staff. He likes to get out and about for long walks whatever the weather. He has his own car and needs staff that can drive him around to the places he likes to visit. He enjoys swimming, music, and people watching. James needs staff that can keep clear boundaries and structure in his daily routines and likes his staff to be creative, find new things for him to experience and encourage him to try new activities and make the most of life!
Although James loves to get out and about he also needs someone who can adapt to different situations as he also likes to chill out at home.
- Reference: CP/AW
- Hours: Variable – shift work including evening, weekends, and public holidays
- Rate of Pay: £8:25 plus sleepover payment
- Area: East Ayrshire
- Employer: Partners, Just Connections etc.
- Closing Date: 16 June 2017
- Westfield Health Cash Plan Scheme (both employee and Organisation contribute)
- Credit Union
- Death in Service
- Nightingales Counselling Service
- Excellent Training
- Be part of a committed team
James is looking for someone who:
- Must be a driver
- Can think on their feet
- Has the strength of character to adapt to challenging situations
- Is able to understand and stick to clear boundaries and routines
- Has similar interests.
- Has excellent communication skills, able to speak up when required.
- Build and develop new friendships
- Encourage his independence and not easily fazed
- Is creative in finding new things to do and is good fun
- Can be part of his big team working 2:1
Requirements for this vacancy
You should also have experience of or a real interest in supporting people with disabilities to develop new skills and increase the person’s independence. Be committed and dedicated to supporting James in a way that makes sense for him.
If this sounds like you, please apply or call Colin on 01563 825555, during office hours, for an informal chat if you would like more information.
To apply for this vacancy please download the files below. If you have difficulty completing the application form, please contact us: Tel. 12345 67890 / email Reception@partnersforinclusion.org