We have a great opportunity for someone to join an existing team providing support to a young man living in East Renfrewshire.
Daniel is looking for someone energetic and forward thinking who has a good sense of humour to support him to get out and about and do the things that he enjoys. Some of the things Daniel enjoys are going for drives, eating out, he loves listening to music and going to live gigs with some favourites being American country and Scottish/Irish traditional folk music. Danial likes to go to the pub and can be a very sociable young man. Daniel also enjoys family holidays and short breaks with his support staff.
- Ref : ZM/DO
- Hours: 10 Hours per week, shift work may include evening, weekends and public holidays
- Rate of Pay: £8:25 plus overnight payment
- Area: East Renfrewshire,
- Employer: Just Connections
- Closing Date: 25 June 2017
- Westfield Health Cash Plan Scheme (both employee and Organisation contribute)
- Credit Union
- Death in Service
- Nightingales Counselling Service
- Excellent Training
- Be part of a committed team
Essential for the role is that you can demonstrate the following:
- Understand how to work in a person centred way and understand all behaviour is communication
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Excellent Social Skills
- The strength of character to adapt to challenging situations
- The ability to stick to boundaries and routines
- A good sense of humour
- Ability to undertake sleepovers and work weekends and evenings as part of a rota
- A Clean Current Driving license
- SVQ Level 2/3 in Social Care (or equivalent) or willing to work towards this
- Desirable : Experience of providing personal care
- Desirable : Good IT skills
Requirements for this vacancy
You should also have experience of or a real interest in supporting people with disabilities to develop new skills.
You can only be appointed for this post if you are registered with the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme and are able to register with the Scottish Social Services Council when required for your post.
If you would like an informal discussion before applying, please contact Just Connections on 01563 825516, during office hours
This position comes under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions Order).
If this sounds like the job for you then why don’t you fill in an application as we would love to hear from you.
If you would like to find out more about this position or our organisation then please call Zoe MacDonald, during office hours, on 01563 825555. You can request an application pack by calling our recruitment line on 01563 825500 or download below.
To apply for this vacancy please download the files below. If you have difficulty completing the application form, please contact us: Tel.01563 825 555 / email email@example.com