Hi my name is Xander and I am 54 years old. I am passionate about football especially my favourite team Celtic. I am also a keen artist and a music lover. I have my own flat in Barrhead and value my independence and am keen to try new things but I am not always confident enough to do them.
- Ref: KC/XV
- Hours: 16 hours shift work may include evening, weekends, and public holidays
- Rate of Pay: £8:25
- Area: East Renfrewshire, Barrhead
- Employer: Just Connections
- Closing Date: 16 June 2017
- Westfield Health Cash Plan Scheme (both employee and Organisation contribute)
- Credit Union
- Death in Service
- Nightingales Counselling Service
- Excellent Training
- Be part of a committed team
I am looking to recruit a support worker who shares my interests and to help me live life to the full. The successful person must be able to support; encourage and motivate me to try new things, make new friends while always promoting my independence. They should also kind, sociable and friendly; be sensitive to my feelings with a thick skin and a good sense of humour.
I am looking for someone with:
- An understanding of how to work in a person centred way
- An understanding of learning disabilities
- The ability to help develop new skills and be part of their local and wider community
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- A clean and driving licence to drive a Motability car
- The strength of character to adapt to challenging situations
- The ability to stick to boundaries and routines
- A good sense of humour
- The ability to undertake a sleepover as part of a rota.
- Good IT skills
- SVQ Level 2/3 in Social Care (or equivalent) or willing to work towards this
Requirements for this vacancy
You should also have experience or or a real interest in supporting people with disabilities to develop new skills and be part of their local and wider community.
You can only be appointed for this post if you are registered with the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme and are able to register with the Scottish Social Services Council when required to for your post.
This position comes under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions Order)
If you would like an informal discussion before applying, please contact Just Connections (a member of Partners for Inclusion Group) on 01563 825516, during office hours.
To apply for this vacancy please download the files below. If you have difficulty completing the application form, please contact us: Tel.01563 825 555 / email email@example.com