An opportunity has arisen for a Support Worker in South Ayrshire, to support a young woman living in her own home. Frances requires a committed team who will support her to grow in confidence and to further develop her skills. Frances enjoys spending time with her family, watching football, comedy events and looking after her dog
- Ref: FT/FG
- Hours: Casual, shift work may include evening, weekends and public holidays
- Rate of Pay: £8:25 plus overnight payment
- Area: South Ayrshire
- Employer: Just connections
- Closing Date: 09 June 2017
- Westfield Health Cash Plan Scheme (both employee and Organisation contribute)
- Credit Union
- Death in Service
- Nightingales Counselling Service
- Excellent Training
- Be part of a committed team
Frances is looking for someone who:
- Has a good sense of humour
- Is a good listener
- Is patient
- Is forward thinking
- Is firm but fair
- Has similar interests
- A good community connector
- Understand and work in a person centred way
- Understand that all behaviour is communication
- Have excellent communication skills
Requirements for this vacancy
Good IT skills
You should also have experience or a real interest in supporting people with disabilities to develop new skills and be part of their local and wider community
You can only be appointed for this post if you are registered with the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme and are able to register with the Scottish Social Services Council when required for your post.
This position has a “genuine occupational requirement” covered under the Sex Discrimination Act 1975 and therefore only applications from females are requested.
This position comes under the Rehabiltiation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions Order).
If you feel you have the skills and qualities that Frances is looking for we would really like to hear from you.
If you would like an information discussion before applying please phone Fiona Thomson at Just connections on 015638 25516.
To apply for this vacancy please download the files below. If you have difficulty completing the application form, please contact us: Tel.01563 825 555 / email firstname.lastname@example.org