An opportunity has opened up to support a young man living in Ayr to get out and about, go to his work, meet with friends, go swimming, bowling, going on holiday and many other things to do and places to go.
This young man is active and energetic, has a good sense of humour, he is hard working, affectionate, confident, clever, calm and good company and is looking for someone like minded to support him to continue with the many things he does in a week and also look for opportunities to expand and build in these.
- Ref: ZM/MW
- Hours: 14 hours & Casual contract, shift work may include evening, weekends, and public holidays
- Rate of Pay: £8:25 plus overnight payment
- Area: South Ayrshire,
- Employer: Just Connections
- Closing Date: 12 June 2017
- Westfield Health Cash Plan Scheme (both employee and Organisation contribute)
- Credit Union
- Death in Service
- Nightingales Counselling Service
- Excellent Training
- Be part of a committed team
For this position you should:
- Enjoy the outdoors and be active and energetic
- Be confident and sure and be able to be fair and stick to boundaries
- Excellent Social Skills have good sense of humour
- Have experience and/or knowledge in autism
- Adaptable to different situations, be a calm person
- Understand how to work in a person centred way and understand all behaviour is communication
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- The strength of character to adapt to challenging situations
- The ability to stick to boundaries and routines
Requirements for this vacancy
You should also have experience of or a real interest in supporting people with disabilities to develop new skills.
You can only be appointed for this post if you are registered with the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme and are able to register with the Scottish Social Services Council when required for your post.
Ability to undertake sleepovers and work weekends and evenings as part of a rota
SVQ Level 2/3 in Social Care (or equivalent) or willing to work towards this
This position comes under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions Order).
If this sounds like the job for you then why don’t you fill in an application as we would love to hear from you.
If you would like to find out more about this position or our organisation then please call Zoe MacDonald, during office hours, on 01563 825555.
To apply for this vacancy please download the files below. If you have difficulty completing the application form, please contact us: Tel.01563 825 555 / email firstname.lastname@example.org